[Noisebridge-discuss] *exhaust* fan on laser cutter failed

Susan Werner heinousbutch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:00:33 UTC 2012

I took apart the fan (it was *incredibly* disgusting -- imagine a fuckton of
green cancer fuzz on all the surfaces of it), found the issue (broken power
cables), fixed it, and put the fan back in the laser cutter.

I don't have time tonight to tape it back up and make sure it's sealed (I live
in Oakland and I don't want to miss the last BART train), so I will take care
of it tomorrow. Same with the cleanup (I got some of the green dust on the
outer housing of the laser cutter) 'cuz I can't find paper towels in the space.
I'll buy some tomorrow and take care of things.

three things:

1. I will finish fixing the fan and cleaning everything up tomorrow.

2. If something doesn't work (like the exhaust fan) and you don't want or
can't fix it, make a post on the mailing list, and someone will likely fix it
or teach you how to!

3. Be careful with moving things around the laser cutter -- yes, this fan
didn't originally have a strain relief on its power cables (it has one now!),
but y'alls need to also be careful with stuff like the return coolant water
hoses -- I saw that they were hella pinched where they got out of the actual
laser cutter. Tight cables / hoses => bad.

--
Su``feels seriously shitty about leaving a repair job incomplete but the last
last BART train is gonna leave in maybe 10 minutes?''san