[Noisebridge-discuss] New Android app: Noisegate

Brian Cloutier briancloutier2010 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 06:57:40 UTC 2012

A quick search revealed this
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4101

Your application is compatible with every version of android ever
released (you gave it a version code of 1), and in the early days of
android every app had access to the SD card, so just in case your app
was built back in those days Phone State and Read SD card permissions
are added automatically for backwards compatibility.

If you give it a version code of 4 or greater, which will only cut out
0.1% of all phones, those permissions will no longer be added
automatically.

- Brian