[Noisebridge-discuss] access control improvements

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Oct 9 22:39:49 UTC 2012

This is an honorable viewpoint.  But it's not how Noisebridge works.
There are no official rules or criteria.  It is up to YOU as an
individual to decide who to let in, if anyone -- sounds like the other
people in the space are choosing not to let anyone in, for whatever
reason, and you are choosing to let in anyone who asks.  I make no claim
that either decision is good or bad.  But your idea that there are
generalized criteria that will always exclude some people and always
include others is just not supported by Noisebridge reality.

But don't feel bad about it either.  If you decide not to let someone
in, you have not in any way decided they have nothing to contribute.
You have merely decided *you* are not going to let them in *at that
time*.  They may get let in by someone else, or they may come back
later.  You're not ruining their NB experience, or making some permanent
determination about their value as a person.  Don't sweat it.