[Noisebridge-discuss] no actual theftiness and not from the donation bins

Zach organic_unity at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 23:59:26 UTC 2012

The lock donation would be a great help, thanks!

But Wow, I didnt realize how much stuff was being stolen...this is really lame.  Jake, did you ever see those laptop batteries you donated?  I mean seriously, who is crazy enough to wheel out a 50lb box of *broken* laptop batteries! whattheshiznit.  The lead acid batteris I donated to Martin got snagged too I guess.

I was wondering where the lasercutter laptop went.  thats whack, esp since me and Evan spent that time fixing it awhile back.
I forgot to mention the RAM too--- Ive been donating lots and lots of ram sticks the past couple months, and as far as I know they are ALL gone :/

but Im going to donate a shnazzy AMD x2 for a terminal at NB...it needs some ram but I have to check what kind.  I think terminals are the way to go though- easier to bolt down and harder to steal than laptops.  Also less valuable.  I can setup a lot more terminals but I could use some help if someone wants to volunteer and team up with me putting on locks and such.  Hobbling around the space with my cane looking for working mice (no, not the ones eating our food) is no bueno for chronic pain.

Also, I strongly suggest we have ONE and only ONE machine with windows (gasp!! to the wrack with him immediately!!)  for many pain in the ass reasons that I can't get anyone to listen to.  Begging programmers to search the linux netherworld for rare printer drivers and other such nonsense has been a painful waste of time for me and I'm sure other people.  and a machine with Mac OSX would be good too.  Lordy, something that regular software supports.  The rest can be hacked and programmed away.  Now, I'll go put on my asbestos cement suit for the flamming I shall incur..

Organization of the hack shelves I think would be most excellent too...this would help find out what is missing and save a lot of headache for us hackers.  I think whoever keeps leaving heavy boxes on the floor with all the wires to trip over should get Consenso thrashing of the buttocks.

Zach