[Noisebridge-discuss] Use of Nitrous Oxide in the space on Sunday night

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:20:04 UTC 2012

>I could make the argument that Zach's choice in lyrical live
>improvisational music is really disruptive to my ability to work there
>and has cause me to on multiple occasions relocate to other parts of the
>building where I can't hear him, use headphones if I have them, or
>simply leave, which for the most part kills any ability to collaborate
>with anyone else in the space.

>Do I have a problem with Zach or him using a PA system in the space to
>bust flows out like no other? Absolutely not, it's Noisebridge and the
>space isn't mission critical for anyone.

*the dj booth/treehouse should be TOTALLY/CORRECTLY soundproofed and
cutout window shut with an openable, hinged, soundproofed door and
anyone who wants to play music 'externally' can sit in there and blast
their way into auditory bliss...

*and any audio hackers can use it to do shit...

*by blasting or even merely playing anything in the space 'externally'
when there isn't an organized announced party or event/presentation is
putting one's shit on other people and saying "you want to hear this
right now" or moreover "i will put my shit on you people and fuck you
if you don't like it" which is completely selfish. the renewal/refresh
of members and long-term regulars/others letting folks know the use of
headphones is most excellent needs to happen...

*otherwise the blasting of chinese opera, the spastic accordian/horn
heavy spanish channels, barney soundtracks, black metal and others
will most likely be projected/spat out very loudly to silence whomever
the selfish one(s) are at the given time(s) and ALL of them are very
effective...

\m/