[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking help with VoIP softphone package (Yate)

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sun Oct 21 03:56:28 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Owen Pietrokowsky <opietro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm at NoiseBridge this evening, and I'm
> using a wifi connection here to make a softcall from Yate
> to a landline or a cell phone. I'm getting a "hung up"
> error message in the Yate event log. Is this an account
> setup issue, a Yate server config issue, a SIP phone
> issue, or something else? Advice greatly appreciated.

I'm happy to help debug your connection issue, though it's hard to
tell what's going on without a more descriptive error message or some
packet dumps.

Is there any way to enable "debugging" or verbose logging in Yate to
generate a more descriptive message explaining the failure?

Is there any way that you could take a packet capture from your
computer while making the call and posting it somewhere?

Cheers,
jof