[Noisebridge-discuss] I got groped at noisebridge at hackmeet

Alcides Gutierrez alcides888 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:16:34 UTC 2012

I get where Ever is coming from. I don't think Susan should provide that
dialogue on a listserv, though. People have offered to talk to her so the
bigger picture would come out if they listened.

Because of the legal sensitivity of the issue, an "objective" point-of-view
can be gasoline to a fire

I recommend *emailing Susan directly* if you want to assist her and not
furthering this thread as a bashing on feminism or manism. Me being a male,
I also take some offense when the umbrella is tossed my way.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Tony Longshanks LeTigre <
anthonyletigre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey now, two of those were mine. Let's not give "Noisebridge" all the
> credit.
>

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 9:50 AM, hep <dis at gruntle.org> wrote:
>
>> I love how this thread has literally turned into a caricature on how
>> geeks of the patriarchy handle sexual assault, complete with making light
>> of the situation, questioning the assaulted's perceptions of the situation
>> (as a female, i know whenever guys grab my breasts at least half the time,
>> silly me and my female brain, i was misinterpreting the situation as
>> assault and a violation of my person when really they were just meaning to
>> get my attention in the universally known manner of grabbing a woman's
>> breast) and the old "man i wish *I* could get groped at ___" trope.
>>
>> Noisebridge: you are really outdoing yourself this time.
>>
>> -hep

> --
> *You should read my diaries after I die—I talk about you a lot in there.*

Alcides Gutierrez
(Dispatch)

R n u 2 . c o m <http://www.rnu2.com>
#TiredOfWallStreet