[Noisebridge-discuss] Preventing Hacker Rape Culture

zephyr q zv at offblast.org
Sat Oct 27 04:50:38 UTC 2012

I think Noisebridge's problem is that we've got two transactions
running on different nodes operating on distributed tables. Some of
the time the earlier transaction is committed at one node later than
the first.

The first table is distributed on X & Y, the second we'll call A & B.
If a process on node X performs a transaction which writes to the
first table and the second table, then the process on node is is
guaranteed to begin after the first has finished in any language that
follows process calculi (such as CSP).

What if a process on Node Y (which is guaranteed to begin after the
first transaction has finished) deletes the second object in the
second table?

What do we have to do to keep the tables consistent?