[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Notice of Paypal Policy Updates

Zach organic_unity at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 23:39:09 UTC 2012

Yeah, this stuff is nasty.  I've been getting emails like this from a few large corporations actually.  It looks like our good friends at the Democratic party and the House have passed some kind of bill limiting (er removing) class-action lawsuits which effectively gives corporations the right to rob, poison, kill, and generally mistreat people with near impunity.  One of the few reasons corporations "behave" at all is due to class-action suits.  A perfect example is Sony, who got sued a few years back for something like 3 million defective Playstation 2 systems being released with shitty lasers to cut costs.  The systems died within 6 months and only people with receipts and original packaging were allowed in the lawsuit.  Still, Sony lost millions of $ for being scumbags.  More extreme examples are found in famous cases like the Erin Brockivich (sp) against PG&E which was a giant class action suit.  Without that safeguard, corporations can do
 untold harm. i <3 obama... (and romneys worse!)

the best part of this "agreement" is that you can "opt-out" by snail mailing them within 30 days.  lmao @ american 'democracy'