[Noisebridge-discuss] warp drive

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Sep 17 21:23:03 UTC 2012

http://news.discovery.com/space/warp-drive-possible-nasa-tests-100yss-120917.html

Furthermore, if the intensity of the space warps can be oscillated over
time, the energy required is reduced even more, White found.

"The findings I presented today change it from impractical to plausible
and worth further investigation," White told SPACE.com. "The additional
energy reduction realized by oscillating the bubble intensity is an
interesting conjecture that we will enjoy looking at in the lab."

Laboratory Tests

White and his colleagues have begun experimenting with a mini version of
the warp drive in their laboratory.

They set up what they call the White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer at
the Johnson Space Center...

also in the news:  court ends indefinite detention without trial:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/us/politics/us-warns-judges-ruling-impedes-its-detention-powers.html?pagewanted=all

“If, following issuance of this permanent injunctive relief, the
government detains individuals under theories of ‘substantially or
directly supporting’ associated forces, as set forth in” the National
Defense Authorization Act, “and a contempt action is brought before this
court, the government will bear a heavy burden indeed,” she wrote.