[Noisebridge-discuss] LED Pucklight/ Spotlight DC Setup?

Molly Bee mountainoceansky at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:16:29 UTC 2012

Hi Noisebridgers!

Long time, no chattel!

Speaking of chattel, there are some things I'd like to acquire that you might have an idea about?

I need a (perhaps lots of) cheap, but bright LED (doesn't actually have to be LED) lighting setups that will be used in a sculptural application, probably outdoors. I would like 12v, DC, with transformer and perhaps with timer, though the timer is not necessary. A solar panel version might work. They can be pucklights or spotlights, or any armature configuration that can fit inside of a big ceramic hollow mushroom (just as a highly fictionalized REAL APPLICATION). Okay, you caught me-- we're making mushroom lights.

These don't have to be fancy, but we'd like to find units with bright output... 200+ lumens would be excellent. They don't have to be RGB or do disco tricks or anything... though it would be a bonus if they emitted rainbow unicorn farts.

We can do some basic parts soldering to complete a circuit, if necessary, and maybe even make our own armature out of ceramic parts and coagulated griffin snot, but would prefer some ready-made models if they are reasonably priced.

Know of any outlets? Any and all leads appreciated. Pardon the electrical puns.
Thanks a kajillion, and hugs to you,
Molly