[Noisebridge-discuss] washer and pipes

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 21:37:00 UTC 2012

IIRC ( It's been a few months )

When we installed the water inlet pipes for the washer/dryer spin
combo machine, the filter traps were not the right size so we used a
couple that had a finer mesh.

It's possible that those filter traps on the input side have gotten
filled with residue and calcification (not uncommon in San Francisco,
given the old pipes and water supply).    New filters are about fifty
cents, and the old ones can be washed and cleaned fairly easily.

On the drain side, if there is a clog down the line, it's still our
responsibility as tenants, not the landlord's responsibility, unless
it's a major breakage of the pipes.   Assuming it's a blockage, a
plumber + rooter snake will clean it out, hopefully.

-M