[Noisebridge-discuss] Dogs

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 05:15:10 UTC 2012

There are several people here, two of whom were recently "confronted" on their dog being at Noisebridge, who bring their dog with them because they do not have anyone to watch their dog for them, and are not allowed to leave the dog at home unsupervised. Their dog has been quiet, friendly, and has not caused a mess. Yes, the dog is large, but usually just sits under the table. On one occasion, the dog did whine, but that was because she did see me walk into the space and wanted to say hello.

However, the original poster stated the problem as if each and every large dog is a vicious man-killer just waiting to go off. Suddenly, the subject switched to breathing issues. And yes, if a person "can't breathe" due to a dog being present, then their allergies or asthma will be severe enough to be similarly affected by dust and other animal dander, not to mention chemical fumes.

- Mik McAllister