[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking Seamstress

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 01:04:51 UTC 2012

I am not surprised that you found some convenience, despite professing a
far more evolved understanding, in reinforcing damaging cultural
stereotypes about a group to which you do not belong.  This is very common.

I am a metacognitive scientist & hacker seeking to undo the very same
damaging cultural stereotypes.  My studies indicate that this sort of
casual offhand comment is actually a significant part of the matrix of
interactions that creates and reinforces those belief systems.

Your convenience is my oppression, bro. Of course, nobody's asking you to
give any more of a shit about that than you give about any of my opinions.
Delete freely.  You'll perhaps now understand, though, why I find this
dissonant enough to point out, and why I think it's important to work to
find my convenience and humor in other ways.

It may not be important to you to change society.  Or maybe you're just
someone who thinks that it's not possible, or that this isn't the way to do
it.  I'll still thank you kindly to stand aside while I fucking try.

R.