[Noisebridge-discuss] makerbot extruders

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:30:55 UTC 2012

Jake,

I don't have one lying around, mostly the issue isn't the extruder --
it's the actual stepper controller.

If Scotch is a CupCake, you'll need either to use a cable mod, and
custom firmware .. or stock firmware and the 3G5D board, plus a pololu
stepper controller, and a stepper.

The other parts can mostly be cut on the laser cutter.   The vitamins
you'll need are a hobbed bolt, and some screws.

I built mine for

$25 (3g5d), $17 (Stepper motor), $8 wood, $36 extruder components, $5
in ABS plastic on another 3D printer, and $9 in misc parts

-M