[Noisebridge-discuss] recommend book - starting with microcontrollers/electronics

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 6 02:08:52 UTC 2013

Hi to all,
I'm making a list of books to order to Korea from USA (mostly food&beverage making) and I wonder if you could recommend something nice for "starting up" with electronics, microcontrollers and especially arduino and another one about electronics and electronics componenets. My main focus is to improve my skills with electronics, I need in the future mostly things connected to heating and cooling devices, humidity controll etc. (fridges/freezers/growing boxes etc) so 5 V and controlling through them higher woltage like heaters etc. Something with pictures like reallly nice to read and easy to falllow.

I have found on amazon for example this but I do not know if it is good

http://www.amazon.com/Make-Electronics-Discovery-Charles-Platt/dp/0596153740/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365213734&sr=8-1&keywords=starting+with+microcontrollers

Also about electronics, I do not have really bases except high school physics, so something what would be explaining different things like diods, capacitors in a nice illustrative way would be great. I know that I can find all of that online in blogs but I would like to have something bit more complex so I do not miss some stuff and also to my experience many times reading a book from a good author on subject from A to Z gives you me good bases.

Many thanks,

Sincerely from Jeju,

FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck