[Noisebridge-discuss] [RFC] Noisegate Web app prototype

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 18:11:22 UTC 2013

Some more thoughts... sorry, I'll try to wrap the rest of them into this post:

If you're looking to animate the transition, you should do that using CSS instead of JS. Check the example code here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6092239/css3-one-way-transition This will cause the button to immediately turn a color when clicked, then fade back to the original color after a designated amount of time.

When it comes to wiring up the pad to submit, I might suggest using AJAX instead of just submitting the hidden form on the page. Maybe you're already planning that.

You should also add cursor: pointer to your CSS for the table cells (or for the buttons, if you decide to add those in for accessibility reasons).

If you were looking to center the table, offsets like left or right only work if you've absolutely positioned the element. But you can't set both an offset of left and right - only one in each dimension. You might want to use this tactic instead, which will generate as much margin as possible equally on the left and right of the table, pushing it to the center: "margin: 0 auto;"

Jeffrey