[Noisebridge-discuss] Who do we want to exclude? [Drama]

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 19:02:19 UTC 2013

When did I say anything about kicking people out was violence?

Fine, let's use your damned definition. Now, what, if any, behaviors in the space do not become violence under your definition?

- Reverend Mik McAllister
"You can see the summit but you can't reach it
Its the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain"
 - Howard Jones, "No One Is To Blame"
Purveyor of Subversive Fiction
http://www.prismandink.com
http://www.lunatextpublications.com

Oh for fuck's sake and in all honesty, do you think kicking people out is a violence of that sort and not the one I'm describing? understand, I was speaking not metaphorically but as a real, economically and physically moderated oppression that is injurious to millions of living individuals.

... throwin Webster's at me
You can discuss oppression, discrimination, and privilege, but that is not violence, except in the most abstract sense of the word.

And as far as "no one would agree with" - I'm agreeing with Random House, Oxford Press, Webster, etc.