[Noisebridge-discuss] Extremely sketchy event w/ bikes just now

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 00:00:16 UTC 2013

--- On Thu, 4/11/13, Ronald Cotoni <setient at gmail.com> wrote:
>    I understand you are a troll and are not thinking clearly right now
> but you should really think of the good of the space here.

There we have the crux of the matter. We have people at the space who think that if they follow their own whims, their knee-jerk reactions, and whatever axe they're grinding at the moment, that, by definition, is good for Noisebridge. And if it isn't good for Noisebridge, then they should get their way anyway, because they're more <insert hyperbole here> than anyone else.

>    Can we do something about the trolls on the mailing list?  Perhaps
> ban them until they can become functional members of the Noisebridge
> Discuss mailing list?

*Can* we? Yes, there are plenty of people who, in fact, have the ability to do this or take some other action to shield our tender minds from these people.
Will we? I doubt it. I can name a few different resources required that will never get used.
And if you recall, this same person has been called out on his behavior IN THE SPACE and nothing was done. Why? Because he's about twenty times more <insert hyperbole here> in person.

The difference between cowardice and apathy is that cowardice at least gets some exercise running away.

- Reverend Mik McAllister
"You can see the summit but you can't reach it
Its the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain"
 - Howard Jones, "No One Is To Blame"
Purveyor of Subversive Fiction
http://www.prismandink.com