[Noisebridge-discuss] Who do we want to exclude? [Drama]

Josh Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 06:52:43 UTC 2013

On Apr 10, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Andrew Byrne wrote:

> Nope, it's most definitely a violence towards others to not speak
> up when Twitchy McJunkie decides to take a post-burrito nap during
> the physics class visit. It's also violence towards others who
> leave b/c we tolerate the presence of ignorant uggles with no
> interest in hacking or self-improvement--those who don't care when
> their joissance overflows into other's work space.
>
> Don't minimize the pain... I came in this morning and promptly left
> instead of addressing the sleeping corpses and smoking on the
> balcony, and I'm rather stoic about such things.

A reminder:  Noisebridge doesn't have a balcony.  It has a FIRE ESCAPE.

* It's illegal to be on the fire escape at all (except when escaping
a fire).

* We've been specifically asked by the grocers below not to smoke
where the ashes fall on their wares and customers.

Note that cigarette smoke on the fire escape invariably enters the
space.  Additionaly, let me point out the electronic cigarettes are
no problem at all, and as far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to use
them indoors.

Josh