[Noisebridge-discuss] Member shelves solution suggestion

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 09:36:31 UTC 2013

--- On Sat, 4/13/13, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:
> I can speak to this.  That
> stairwell is not part of Noisebridge proper.  It goes
> all the way down and exits to the right of the
> grocery.  It is technically supposed to be a fire exit,
> BUT the grocers have locked the bottom door as they use the
> corridor down there for storage (fruit as I recall).

Thank you for your response, that answers our questions quite handily. I'm not sure how I could have gotten a quicker, more informative response.

> Can I interest you in the OTHER stairwell, under the dj
> booth (or whatever it's called now)?  That one goes
> only to the 2nd floor, but the door at the bottom is nailed
> shut.  Or was last I checked.  It's a lot smaller
> though.
>
> Rachel1.0

The issue we identified with that stairway is that it is very narrow, and people find it far too convenient to toss things-that-we-will-never-see-again down there (don't look - you'll thank me for this advice). Looking at it, putting shelves along the wall would not leave much room to get up and down the stairs to access the shelves. I'm not sure if the issue of accessing the shelves during classes in Church bears mentioning.

We briefly looked at the idea of using the loft (over the utility room). For a variety of reasons, that gives me a severe case of the icks.

- Reverend Mik McAllister
"You can see the summit but you can't reach it
Its the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain"
 - Howard Jones, "No One Is To Blame"
Purveyor of Subversive Fiction
http://www.prismandink.com
http://www.lunatextpublications.com