[Noisebridge-discuss] pony.noise/gate video feed

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Sat Apr 13 17:38:05 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-12 1750h, Artur Moczulski <arthur.paul.black at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course I am suggesting the video being available in the same way
> pony.noise/gate is so only from the inside of the network - NOT from the
> outside.

> Also, I am definitely not suggesting recording anything. We already have a
> video feed from the camera downstairs on the screen - I am basically
> suggesting the same thing available from the inside noisebridge network,
> without any sort of recording functionality.

Any feed available in the space can be recorded outside the space.,
because of the manifold cunning and potential sneakiness of hackers.

The "internal" Noisebridge network is accessible from outside
Noisebridge. Anyone who has credentials for any of the machines
(especially -- in this case -- Pony), can log into those machines even
when they're not physically in the space. Any feed available in the
space is available outside the space.

Any feed that I can watch on my computer, I can record on my computer.
There are any number of technical ways to achieve this, and nobody
would notice. The small reason is that it's not possible to
distinguish between downloading some data to show it then delete it,
and downloading some data to store it forever in my sneaky archive.
The big reason is that the folks who volunteer their time to make sure
that Noisebridge's tech infrastructure keeps working do not spend
their time watching everyone and don't want to.

-Tom