[Noisebridge-discuss] bunk beds at noisebridge?

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 07:43:56 UTC 2013

The hacker stacker. I was totally surprised when I first saw it, too—never
thought the day would come, but it strikes me as a pragmatic & good-natured
compromise to an obviously-not-going-away problem. I didn't attend the
meetings, but my understanding is that Leif championed the idea, which
presumably passed through the consensus process (or not?) in order to
become a more or less officially sanctioned napping area. I've taken a few
naps on the stacker already myself. Not the most comfortable bed I've ever
laid down on, nor yet the least. A lot like jail: bright lights always on,
voices, commotion, not exactly peaceful—the east end of the space feels
like a much more appropriate location for it, if you ask me—but when you
need to sleep badly enough you can really lower your standards, don't I
know it! My attitude toward sleeping in the space has evolved from "no
sleeping at Noisebridge" to "it sorta depends on the individual person &
circumstances." Same as with door policy, really.

+11+