[Noisebridge-discuss] About last night / I join the ranks of the Malcontents

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 19 03:43:59 UTC 2013

No you can not ordain yourself "prince". Ordination is for clergy. What you are talking about, Anastasia. is called "coronation", which is for royalty.

It would seem that the default SOP at Noisebridge is to allow false accusations to be bandied about, without challenge, until the accused tries to defend him/herself. Then suddenly it is "this is notthe time/place for this" amid calls for "mediation", which often doesn't even happen.

Once again, mediation is to bring two parties to a middle ground. There is no middle ground between baseless, malicious accusations and reality. I see noone looking at evidence or actual first-hand testimony.

I will not stop defending myself, no matter who tells me to shut up. Nobody at Noisebridge has the authority to shut me up when it is my life, my work, or my reputation on the line. And frankly, it seems that I am the only one who will.

As far as the people who feel demotivated to come to the space, don't let people like Tony win. If you want to support Noisebridge's ideals, the best way to do that is to come to the space and show people that those ideals are worth supporting. You can provide a good example to others or confront behavior (or both).  Evil triumphs when good people do nothing, and all that.

Yes Tony wants to dictate who can and can not be allowed into the space, and that changes by the moment. Tony wants to decide what should and should be considered valid projects in the space (often revolving around whatever he says he is working on an the moment). I am not the only person whowas presentthe night he kept ragging on the Python class as "useless" and "pointless", or when he insisted that building laptops for people who didn't have one "will only encourage them".

Building a dynamic organization like Noisebridge is not something that you do,and then its done. It takes constant work to keep it going and to guard it against the wolves at the gate.

No that doesn't sound like fun. But the more vigilant we are, the more fun and exciting it will be for us and and future participants.