[Noisebridge-discuss] New Arduino event anybody?

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 21:48:24 UTC 2013

Hi Tully! That sounds really great!

Thursday May 16th at Noisebridge, we have an event called 5 minutes of fame
(lightning talks). Some of the talks are a little longer than 5 minutes
:)  Maybe you could plan to give a lightning talk for 5mof. It has a big
audience, and we livestream or record the talks.  You also might try coming
to Circuit Hacking Monday .  Will you be at Maker Faire??

For the other talks you suggest, you could put them on the wiki, try to
pick a time in an evening when there is not another event scheduled in a
classroom.  They sound like really great talks.

Also that is a good price for a Duemilanove, if it comes with a cable, they
are usually about $20 here, I think.   Do you have some way for people to
pay you?  Or do you just want a list of people who want them and promise to
pay in person?

For a bunchof these things, I suggest making a wiki page, maybe a user page
for yourself and links to your event pages, ask people to sign up for the
events, and then maybe, a list of people who sign up to get a duemilanove.
That will help you keep track, and will be a good thing for people to link
to, to publicize your event/visit.

Hope that helps.

Best,

- Liz

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Tully Gehan <Tully at samuraicircuits.com>wrote:

> Greetings everybody my name is Tully,
>
> I live in Shenzhen China. I make and sell Arduino electronics. You can see
> some of my stuff at www.SamuraiCircuits.com
> I will be visiting the Bay Area from May 14 until May 28.
> It would be fun to hold some events at Noise Bridge.
> These are some ideas for topics:
> how to have your product made in China
> life, culture and language in modern China
> how to use an Arduino. If people order soon, I can bring Arduino
> duemilanoves. I can probably get them for $12 with a cable.
>
> I will try to be at the Arduino lighting event on Tuesday May 14.
>
> Also if any of you are working on some cool electronics or other projects
> that you would like help with manufacturing in China just let me know.
>
> you can reach me at Tully at SamuraiCircuits.com
>
> Regards,
> Tully

Liz Henry
lhenry at mozilla.com