[Noisebridge-discuss] Bike lights workshop! Shine out into the night! This Friday

Alexandra Glowaski alex.glowaski at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 08:01:35 UTC 2013

Aw yeah! Awesome!

So, I'm about to leave for maybe 5-6 weeks - so it won't be an "every
month" kind of thing, like I was hoping, for the time being. But Sean here,
and possibly Tantek and Mark, would be interested in having one next month
anyway. Each of these bros is excellent and highly qualified to run the
workshop. There will definitely be another one in like two months, and I'll
make a doc with a proper parts list in a minute.

Definitely planning to have a "guest" enhancement each time, and I'm also
gonna get a metal engraver so we can build in an extra security perk,
signing valued parts in a way that can only be ground off and creating a
new public DB for those IDs. (Any tips for a transparent sealant over the
engraving? Epoxy comes off too easily, and hot glue looks messy and would
distort the text.)
If I had my way, most people would elect to use the first 8 digits of their
GPG fingerprint... but this may not be popular :)

But yeah, more Superbikeworkshops, definitely! And further ideas are
welcome! Let's katamari this shit.

--
Make your world!
www.alexglow.com