[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser cutter cleaned and adjusted

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 04:07:29 UTC 2013

I passed by NB today, and cleaned the laser cutter, aligned the beam,
oiled and adjusted the carriage.

I notice that the laser has faded considerably.  It used to cut
through 1/8" acrylic with ease, and now it requires a couple passes.
It used to etch wood cleanly, and now it tends to burn and toast even
thin wood.

I believe this laser tube may be in need of replacement in the near
future.   Next time I come from Austin, I'll bring a IR beam power
meter with me, and measure how many watts the tube is producing.

-M