[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge bookclub -in- progress

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 22:45:27 UTC 2013

Bringing this back to the main list....I've talked to Martin, who
originally suggested the Noisebridge book club, a couple times recently. If
I'm representing his sentiments accurately, he feels bad about not
following through with the idea, but his new job & other life complications
have sidetracked it. I just attended a new book club (non Noisebridge/non
hacker) for the first time today & was re-inspired to make something
similar happen @ NB. My previous suggestion was to call it something other
than a club, such as
Noisebridge Book Diamond (keeping the theme of card suits)
or
Noisebridge Book Mallet (keeping the theme of blunt objects)
or
Noisebridge Book Clover (keeping with synonyms of "club")
ALSO
I thought we might tweak the typical book club format a bit so as not to
get too Oprah-delic with it. For instance, in addition to everyone reading
from the same text, each week (or however often we meet) each person could
(if they want) bring in a book they're reading atm & tell people about it &
what they're liking/loving/not liking about it. We could tweak it in other
ways, too. There are as many ways as there are books in the celestial
library of Reverof. (Forever spelled backwards....my name for a place
that's sort of like heaven for atheists.)

+11+

What was that first book selection again?