[Noisebridge-discuss] Raffle Information

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 02:55:17 UTC 2013

Note: I was asked to send this to the list by Leif and James. This was previously sent to the event-handler list.

Okay, James and I discusszing streamlining the raffle process, to make it easier for future raffles, especially for the upcoming after-party on May 18th (Maker Faire).

In the process of checking some things, I discovered that we are not in compliance with Code section 320.5. Namely, we were not supposed to hold a raffle until filing the proper form(CT-NRP-1 http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/charities/raffle/ct_nrp_1.pdf), which is good annually, as far as I can tell, with the $20 fee attached AND submit an annual report of our raffles thereafter (CT-NRP-2 http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/charities/raffle/ct_nrp_2.pdf), the reporting year being between Sept 1 and August 31.

http://oag.ca.gov/charities/faq

I am not suggesting fudging the dates on the books.

All that needs to be done is send in the form, with $20, preferably via return-receipt-requested because the AG's office does not send out acknowledgement of receipt of the form. Then, once a year, we send in a report stating how much was spent on raffle material and overhead versus how much was taken in by the raffle.

- Reverend Mik
[signature file deleted]