[Noisebridge-discuss] Inexpensive android tablets?

Norman pryankster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 11:54:11 UTC 2013

You may be able to get a magnetic reader as an add on. I have an older
tablet that only has 2 GB, is running 2.2, and is pretty much useless.
I've been looking at the Nexus 7. It matches all of your criteria except
the reader. They sell for about $200 (16 GB) and are available all over.

Other than a lack of memory the biggest problem I encountered with the
old tablet is that because it runs an OS version below 4.0 you can't
download from any of the Google sites. There are numerous other sites
you can download from including Amazon but it is limiting.

No mater which tablet you go with you should read this first.
http://google.about.com/od/socialtoolsfromgoogle/bb/android-tablet-buying-advice.htm

Norman