[Noisebridge-discuss] Some interesting thoughts on "benevolent sexism"

Mitchel McAllister xonimmortal at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 6 23:57:38 UTC 2013

That's a good name for it. And it's also an excellent example of what was said earlier about journalists not getting science right. However, Dr. Amen seems like she decided to "spice it up" as well, from the soundbytes she provided.

There are more than a few issues with the article, from what I can see. Of course, the main problem is that once again we are handed a bunch of statistics, as predictors.

Repeat after me, "Statistics are descriptive, not predictive."

- Reverend Mik McAllister