[Noisebridge-discuss] Some interesting thoughts on "benevolent sexism"

John Ellis neurofog at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 16:26:33 UTC 2013

I could write a paper on why 80% of psychiatrists lack the
medical/neurophysical knowledge and understanding to be allowed to practice
"medicine". Originally, psychiatry split of from neurology as a specialty,
way before modern technology provided a cognitive neurologist a better
understanding of the brain "condition" than any psychiatrist could.

There is a small percentage of psychiatrists who get into neurodiagnostics
because of their lack of profit or success in regular psychiatry.  The goal
of neurodiagnostics is to improve treatment. I'm not sure Amens' techniques
provide treatment options that a usual psychiatrist finds by
trial-and-error and dumb luck.

-John