[Noisebridge-discuss] Dual boot Windows XP installation on OS10.5

Will guacamolepandemonium at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 00:03:19 UTC 2013

While Windows XP's EOL is very close, you can eke out a few more years by
using Windows Server 2003, which a lot of programs should work fine with.

When XP EOLs, I'll probably keep using it just the same, just never give it
an internet connection.

One thing to note is various surveys (Steam Usage Survey, Unity engine
survey), Valve's recent GDC presentation about porting source to Linux
(OpenGL vs D3D portion talks about being able to use DX11-level features on
XP with OpenGL) all have  XP at around 20% and usually more. A popular
guess I hear is the rise of China and other parts of Asia, so either XP
really does EOL and huge botnets start taking advantage of the unsupported
systems, or Microsoft somehow extends support even further.