[Noisebridge-discuss] What should I do in Japan?

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 19:36:28 UTC 2013

Yes, I did realize after writing the email that T could possibly equal "Tokyo" and HS could possibly equal "hackerspace". But Japan is a large country and there is a lot of stuff there. Searching "THS Japan" didn't really result in anything.

If you're planning on venturing outside of Tokyo, I might suggest visiting A, a bar in Kyoto. Often has very diverse clientele and really interesting music.

When I visited in October 2008, I took to the mountains and attended the Doburoku Matsuri, a festival that involved basically sitting and holding your cup out while people filled it with unfiltered sake until you could no longer remain conscious. You might be able to find a similar festival somewhere in May.

Hiroshima is an especially bike-friendly city.

I also liked visiting Nara to feed deer, which doesn't have anything to do with worldliness or alcohol or anything, but deer are cute.

Jeffrey