[Noisebridge-discuss] What should I do in Japan?

Luis Felipe RM unixjazz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 20:43:22 UTC 2013

- Nakano is a district with arcades and for arcade competitions:
http://www.mmcafe.com/arcadeguide/arcades_nakano.html#1

- Akihabara is the place to go for gaming and electronics and anime and
everything geek/otaku. there is a BSD Cafe there, which is a maid
coffee, and a bunch of maid-cafes around. it also has a place called the
maze (old Akihabara) for electronic components. check out the video tour
done by THS members at the THS website. they explain everything and how
to get there.

- for punkrock and alt music, go to Koenji. It is a really neat
neighborhood. you will be amazed with it, if you like alt music.

- for cats, go to Gotokuji temple = o =

- there is also the 8-bit cafe in Shinjuku, but it is kinda hard to
find: http://www.kirainet.com/english/8bit-cafe/

- also, for an experience in the movie making scene a la Chris Marker,
go to "La Jetée", the owner is sweet and friendly and always there:
http://www.lajetee.net/#/main/3518861 (there is only space for 5-6
people at the bar)

- for used records, I like the Shimokitazawa "Disk Union" a lot. It is a
fun neighborhood with amazing, small record stores.

- you like gardens? there is a really nice one outside Komagome station
(within the Yamanote line).

if you do not mind carrying stuff back to the US, please grab one of
those MSX2 machines at "Super Potato" (!) for Noisebridge :-)