[Noisebridge-discuss] Semantics

Andrew Byrne andrew at pachakutech.com
Wed Apr 10 23:37:13 UTC 2013

On a certain level, I think people are emotionally distraught at the loss
of any sort of real world. Now that we have in common technology a 'second
nature' that supports our former needs, what we knew as the real drops
away. Naturally, our new standard operating position may be confusing or
seen as immoral by those left in the wake. If they could only have the
soothing effect of music at the moment themselves, they would not be so
angry... if only they were commanding a mobility device, they would know
how to act...

IMO, interaction between people more-and-less divorced from primal
subsistence is best carried through plain, clear-to-understand language.
The lack of communication given what the prols are used to as a normal
socialization/"pick-up" is probably confusing and thus aggrevating.

not that that's a new idea...
-dru