[Noisebridge-discuss] Extremely sketchy event w/ bikes just now]

Sai noisebridge at saizai.com
Fri Apr 12 07:17:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM,  <name1355 at tormail.org> wrote:
> Also regarding the bikes.  I think if you just set the bikes on the curb
> and make an anonymous call to a Bike Kitchen volunteer before hand, that
> will solve any legal problems, no?

No, it would not.

Doing that would open Noisebridge up to legal action by the owner of
the bikes as well as from the Bike Kitchen volunteer whom you are
setting up for a charge of property theft.

You do not have the right to donate it, imply that it's donated, break
it, destroy it, make it more vulnerable to theft (and any reasonable
person would consider leaving a bike unlocked on the street in the
Mission basically equivalent to giving it to a thief), or anything of
the kind whatsoever.

If you don't want it in the space, you have to return it to the owner
or give it to the police. There aren't any other legal options.

- Sai