[Noisebridge-discuss] Question about UPC hacking

John Adams jna at retina.net
Fri Apr 12 19:01:43 UTC 2013

Having worked in the catalog department of a major record store, I can tell
you that this isn't possible without directly attacking the store's
database, and the name for that is called 'computer crime'. Modifying the
UPC of an item is also a crime. In California this falls under "Theft by
Trick".

Now what might be more fun would be to build a rebus puzzle of sorts. Buy a
set of items that spells out 'will you marry me' on the receipt. etc.

-j