[Noisebridge-discuss] Interest check: HDL/FPGA for noobs class?

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Sun Apr 14 18:29:14 UTC 2013

Coming back to this thread.
Should we get something organized ? Seems at least a handful of people
might be interested.

I think the most important thing for many of us, is that the environment
will be running on Linux - but from what I can tell, Altera and Xilinx both
have products that run on Linux (Finny, can you confirm?). So at this point
it doesn't really matter 'what' product to use  but at least
something to get started.

Since Finny will be giving the introduction, I just ordered the board he
mentioned earlier in this thread:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251215580947?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just searching for
EP2C5T144 ALTERA
on ebay brings a lot of the same development boards in the order of $20 -
$25 - they don't come with a USB JTAG interface, but I guess these can be
shared between people.

-h