[Noisebridge-discuss] I Want to Create Rock Guitar Improvisation Class

James Sundquist sundquistjames at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 03:55:54 UTC 2013

I'm open to potentially offering something of this sort at my Excelsior
home, which is south on Mission.  I currently have a 14-channel mixer and a
headphone amp that can support 4 people.

My requirements:

The first class would be a one-off event; no guarantees of a second.
At least four people attend
I have a single acoustic guitar I'm willing to loan, but it will not leave
my home.
I can play drums (if you want) so you have something to improvise over.
No one may use any of my equipment without express permission.

BYO:
Guitar, picks, pedals, and cables
Headphones with 1/4" adapter
Strongly recommended: Direct Input Box

Amps seem redundant, since headphones would be used, but you would need an
amp if you lacked a DI box and headphones.  Classes would be run on
donation (suggested $10 - 20), but I'd use all of the funds to buy DI boxes
and more headphones.  I would also record the entire session and give a
digital copy to each participant.

Let me know your thoughts!