[Noisebridge-discuss] bunk beds at noisebridge?

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 01:29:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Naomi Most <pnaomi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like this.  I was really surprised it was happening and thought it was a
> short trip to uber drama, but hearing that Leif and Miloh are on it eases my
> mind.

For the immortal record, I've given Za, Kevin, and Lief a ton of grief
about the poor design they used for these HSNPs.

Engineering education and the relentless school of dr X who shall not
be named has required I operate in strict adherence to gravity and
common sense based rules of construction, and as a consequence I have
to give them a failing grade for constructing load bearing components
supported by screws. I really let them have it.

I also faulted the design for inelegance, a waste of ever precious
space and resources, failure to notify the general users with
disingenuous claims to the contrary (no, I don't think telling people
at the *meeting* is the same as telling the users of the space), and
finally I told Lief and Za that they should publish a 'Manifesto' in
support of the HSNPP. Of all the criticisms I made, I believe they
enjoyed the last point the most.

I'll survive my discontent and offer a counter proposal when I'm done
with the design and accompanying environmental review.

> Next logical step: CAPSULE BEDS
>
> http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/capsule-bed.html

One more criticism related to manifestos. Are people including social
design, theories of operation, or perhaps a plain old users manual for
their physical changes to nosebridge? How do disparate attempts at
technical solutions to social problems work without some rudimentary
planning for social function?

For instance, capsule beds could be conveniently located near some
food provided by popcorn cannons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta5jh9VglDw

-rma