[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] Addressing individuals

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:41:54 UTC 2013

+1 glen...

mehrshad DO NOT bypass the space...

you will only be validating the extreme minority of trolls & douchebags
that will see it as empowerment that they were able to be validated by
anyone (insert 'them' fap fap faping) and control some aspect of the
space...

fresh faces, ideas, projects, and positive energy are ALWAYS welcome and
bring *light* to the space which the trolls & douchebags cringe and run
from...

the person teaching the new drawing class and i have discussed
installing(building) some drawing surfaces that fold flush against the
wall(s) in turing when not being used. if you are thinking of coming to
this class or just interested in this for other art (or helping in general)
perhaps you'd like to help...

you'll find that ignoring those you don't want to have any contact with is
VERY effective and they dissolve away to at least another part of the house
if not the universe (or out of it completely) immediately...

*exude excellence

*shut up and hack

looking to have someone do these on thee olde 3d printer for the house...

message ends

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Mehrshad Mansouri <mehrshad at mehrshad.com>wrote:

> As a recently subscribed lurker (and now contributing monthly member), I
> really don't see the value of this thread, and I agree with JCF. Frankly
> this drama has demotivated me from actually stepping foot in Noisebridge,
> which sucks as I really had my heart set on attending the art class this
> Saturday and the FPGA class (whenever that's actually confirmed). I think
> I'll make my first visit when it seems that things have "calmed" down.
>
> Consider that however you may - weak threat, kvetch, out-of-place rant by
> a noob who should go back to his conformist life, whatever. I'll still
> contribute financially because I've love the mission and the ethos of the
> excellent do-ocratics at Noisebridge, seemingly the silent majority. But I
> can't see how airing these grievances on a public channel encourages folks
> like myself from getting involved further. Drama belongs at home. And if
> it's the case that people are treating Noisebridge like their home (e.g.
> dirty dishes, unattended dog piss, verbal threats, altercations, etc), then
> I'll consider TechShop instead.
>
> As a pre-emptive measure, I'll be fucking off now.
>
> Peace, -m
>

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Tony Longshanks LeTigre <
> anthonyletigre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Awesome, because this time I know I can catch you in a lie. Two other
>> individuals were sitting in the laser cutter space the other night when Dan
>> came back in from his confrontation with you & told us about the whole
>> incident. A third person also heard Dan tell the story. Two of these
>> individuals are named Chris & are new to Noisebridge, the third was also
>> new to the space & I can't recall his name. They may have thought Dan was
>> kidding about it all---that's not the impression I got---but they heard him
>> say it. Let's see if they'll own up to what they heard. I'm BCCing this to
>> both of them.
>>
>> BTW, Dan, b/c I know you read Disgust, too...whether you reply or
>> not....after telling us the whole spiel the other night ("he had a box
>> cutter in his hand, trying to act like he's all street or somethin', I
>> didn't see what he had in his other hand...") you asked ME to apologize to
>> Mik on your behalf ("tell him I was just playin', I thought we were just
>> jokin' around"), further trying to drag me into your conflict (which I was
>> making every attempt to ignore, as I was working on laser cuts & the SF
>> projector map).
>>
>> I would have put up with shrugging the incident off, but I won't put up
>> with being called a liar for reporting the words & deeds of others. No
>> fucking way.
>>
>> +11+
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Mitchel McAllister <
>> xonimmortal at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I agree. The guy with the knife should stay away. Whoever that might
>>>  be, because it wasn't me. But thanks to everybody for taking the word of
> [...]

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*