[Noisebridge-discuss] Discuss list policy

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Mon Apr 22 10:48:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 07:24:27AM +0000, Robert Benson wrote:
> for the love of noisebridge, can we please enact a policy of no airing of
> grievances & no personal discussions or attacks on the discuss list? isn't it
> enough that we deal with these matters at meetings & record them in the
> minutes?

I'm actually considering proposing a cool-off period for drama threads,
where we* flip the moderate bit on people who are clearly losing it, and
perhaps don't realise that they're losing it on a publicly archived
email list that goes out to in excess of a thousand people.

*-whereby I mean nb-discuss admins, which is, for the record, currently
 a sinister cabal of Andy, me, Liz and I think Tom. I'm only proposing
 this because you could totally imagine us using this power for great
 evil, except for the fact that it's trivially surmountable, and now I
 come to think of it would probably just lead to more drama. Forget I
 said anything, and KEEP VIGILANT against NEXUSES OF POWER