[Noisebridge-discuss] ATTN: FBI Special Agent vist Thursday August 8th.

martin deviddo gmod4life1 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 8 22:47:24 UTC 2013

Greetings;I want to bring to the attention of the Noisebridge community the visit of an FBI Special agent. It happened this thursday afternoon. He was let in to the space by someone other than myself; I just happened to be at the top of the stairs when he came in looking at the arduino arrangement for the new door buzzer when he entered the space. He introduced himself and asked who he could speak to in the space regarding the TOR network; I thought it was a rather strange thing to ask at first introduction so I politely told him that I wasn't aware of anyone who was around that runs TOR network. He glanced down out the stack paper of hanging off the left of the front door and said "Oh, I see there's some paperwork on what to do when the FBI is here"  It hit me then that he could be a Special Agent, but I couldn't be certain. He pulled out his Federal Bureau of Investigation badge and said he's with the FBI. There was no denying it now. I tensed up as he began to tell me that the Chinese have been utilizing the Noisebridge TOR exit node. He made it seem as if it was a very real threat and advised me to look into the Mandiant Report:http://intelreport.mandiant.com/Mandiant_APT1_Report.pdfI had never heard of it so I wrote it down; I told him again I still don't know of anyone that's around who works on the TOR node but I will certainly relay the message. It was a fairly short interaction and there really isn't much else to tell, I just wanted to let it be known that this happened. This will be the only message I will be posting to the list regarding this matter.
With regards;Martin