[Noisebridge-discuss] Interesting antenna problem

Brink Of Complexity brink.0x3f at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 22:17:01 UTC 2013

Fractal antennas are made by combining many segments representing harmonic
integer divisions of the desired resonant wavelength(s) onto the same
antenna, thereby helping to optimize for orientation or spectral spread,
over noise and attenuation.

Directionality can be achieved a number of ways, but harnessing
polarization and increasing directional resonance are the most popular
ways. (Pringles cans do the latter, for example).

-brink

On Aug 22, 2013 9:44 PM, "Norman Bradley" <pryankster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mitch sorry for the delay. I suggest that they look up "Fractal
Antennas". I don't know how they are made, but, I know that they are in
production for some applications.

> You are entitled to your own opinion.
> You are NOT entitled to your own facts.
>
> Norman
>
> On 8/12/2013 6:16 AM, Mitch Altman wrote:
>>
>> Someone  I know is making a game accessory for phones, and needs to make
a directional antenna for 2.4GHz that fits into a space this big: