[Noisebridge-discuss] Labor Day afternoon 9/2 College kids Info Session

Liz Henry lizhenry at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 00:03:19 UTC 2013

It should be fine, but it is probably a good idea if you get someone who
can commit to giving you their phone number, and who can let you in, just
in case the buzzer isn't working.  If you get stuck outside, it also
usually works to stick around for a while and talk to whoever else is going
in or out, so they can let you in.

We've had several other student groups come in for a tour and it's always
been fun!

You will get the idea tonight at the meeting, I'm sure!

- Liz

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Melissa Huang <melrose1208 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm very new to the Noisebridge community but very intrigued by this
> space. As a Chinese writer on San Francisco, I am giving a group of college
> students a tour on the Mission district and hope to use the conference area
> to give them an info session about Noisebridge and the Mission.
>
> Date: 9/2 Mon
> Time: 15:00-15:50 or less (before a Droid class based on the calendar)
> Group size: 20
>
> I would love to meet up with and explain to interested/concerned
> member(s). Also, is it possible to make sure I'm able to enter the door
> that day?
>
> It will be casual -- we will speak and discuss, and let them walk around
> the space, preferably broken down into smaller groups. I will tell them
> asking members in the space questions is okay, if done respectfully.
>
> These kids are from a Taiwanese Young Entrepreneurs of the Future<http://www.epoch.org.tw/en/project/yef> program
> visiting the Bay Area and Boston:
> http://www.epoch.org.tw/en/project/yef
>
> So we will be speaking Chinese Zhong Wen :)
>
> I would try to attend meeting tonight, but have a meeting hanging in the
> same timeframe...
>
> Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!
>

> Best,
>
> Melissa Huang
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/melissahuang/
> http://www.sanfranology.com