[Noisebridge-discuss] Need Help Hanging Acoustic Curtain

James Sundquist sundquistjames at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 01:33:07 UTC 2013

I've delegated this to Norman.  Thanks

On Jul 31, 2013 5:43 PM, "Johny Radio" <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:

On 7/31/2013 4:00 PM, James Sundquist wrote:

> will minimize setup after fencing.

if you're saying that we would follow fencing, i believe that will not
minimize setup. fencing will need the whole space. the orchestra will need
the whole space. if they are before us, then we cannot really set up
anything until they are finished.

your idea that the reeds can set up while we're breaking down is also
unrealistic. I am expecting 6 to 10 performers. It's a small room, and
we'll be breaking down in the same footprint where they need to set up.
That is known as a "cluster-f*ck".

i sent you our needs almost three weeks ago, attached. You said you were
thinking about it.

if we play before 830pm, we will not have darkness. as i told you three
weeks ago, we have lighting effects, projections, and a blackout, all of
which need darkness.

it might be possible to blackout the windows. However, Monad's curtain is
not going to work-- I just saw it. It will provide neither light nor sound
isolation. it's a plastic mesh, not a cloth curtain. Sound and light go
right through it. This is why i wish you had not announced to the list that
we were all set on the curtain. Now, i have go back and request again.

These are Noisebridge's own performers, playing hacked instruments. i
really want us to play at this thing, but this is really a struggle. I want
to help work it out, but I have to organize my own people.

On 7/31/2013 2:24 PM, James Sundquist wrote:

>  I'd like the schedule to be final so I can focus on other things.

If you're saying you are too busy to work out the schedule, I am sorry to
hear that. Again, I suggest you delegate one thing or another, so you can
focus.

i will be occupied until tonight.

--

Johny Radio