[Noisebridge-discuss] Weapon for anonymity: solar-powered hexacopter with wifi?

Robert "Finny" Merrill rfmerrill at berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 9 20:04:49 UTC 2013

I'm thinking you could fly it onto the roof of a building with open
wireless, set it down there and have it host a proxy/VPN server.

Even better, put two wireless NICs on it, vpn in from one access point
and then use the other one for traffic.

Could we even make it fully autonomous, using open databases of free
wifi points and periodically getting up and flying to the next closest
one? The idea being that it doesn't sit at any one access point for
too long.

Even better: install motion sensors/cameras so if someone tries to
walk up to it it gets up and flies away.