[Noisebridge-discuss] Domain for sale

Eric Rasmussen ewr at majortek.com
Thu Aug 22 09:12:28 UTC 2013

Few of you may know that I have been battling cancer for the last 4 years.
I never really made it a public matter. I want everyone to understand that
I am not looking for sympathy. However, my days are very limited and I am
trying to unload all of my possessions with the greatest possible effect. I
also want to keep it "In The Family", meaning that my computers will go to
those that will really appreciate them. My bicycle will go to the Bike
Kitchen. All of my random electronics and tech gear will obviously go to
Noisebridge (wifi-cannon, pineapple, microwave, HDD's, etc...).

However, I have the issue of my domain, majortek.com . I looked into
selling all of the properties and the process is overwhelming. I want to
hand it over to someone that will concentrate on MAJOR TEK and not just the
latest phone. I always wanted it to be about the advancement of open
source, space travel, Maker issues and the such.

I have a very good friend of mine that is having her first child in about
two months. I won't be here for the birth. She has a shit job waiting
tables ($2.17/hr + tips) and her husband is being fucked by the U.S. Navy
on a daily basis. He knows it. She knows it. Everyone knows it.

Here's what I want to do: Sell majortek.com and .net to a person that makes
the best argument for ownership and produces some money.  Maybe Noisebridge
can take ownership and do something with it. The money will go directly to
my friend. I will hand over all usernames and passwords for the hosting,
domain names, facebook, twitter, G+, Google Apps, etc.

Granted, the name hasn't seen a lot of action in the last year because I've
been very ill. However, that's a plus because the new person that owns it
can start anew.

I don't have a monetary amount in my mind. I simply want to help my friend
stay home with her daughter for as long as possible. I've sent her all of
the money I have to give. I think it is a good domain name that can be
easily curated. Maybe this can be crowd sourced. I don't know. Please help.

Thank you,

Eric W. Rasmussen
415-895-0570
ewr at majortek.com