[Noisebridge-discuss] Recommend a VPN

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Aug 21 02:08:23 UTC 2013

(re-adding list, please reply-all so others and the archives can
benefit.)

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 06:54:54PM -0700, Nicholas LoCicero wrote:
> Just something for my laptop traffic when I'm not at home. Gonna be
> traveling out of the country and would simply like to protect from any
> govs, or anyone else. Nothing too serious, i just get a lil paranoid about
> the things I'm curious about.. Maybe it's better to subscribe to a service
> for this?

You could install openvpn on a linode or ec2 instance, and connect to
that.  Or you could sign up for the various consumer-grade VPNs, but I
don't have any particular advice about them.  Keep in mind neither
solution protects you against PRISM et al.

> By the way, any recommendations for registering domains?

I use gandi for most stuff, and nic.is for .is domains.  They both work
well enough.

-andy